I’ve had excellent service buying Spyderco knives in Australia from Ron who runs urbanconquest. The handle on the 4th gen is fiberglass reinforced nylon (FRN) over full stainless steel liners. Wish I had held out for one of them! 12 Spyderco Delica 4 reviews. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. Honestly, I am not sure. Especially if you are considering this as a step up from $20-30 knives. This is a classic Spyderco blade shape. This handle is very comfortable in all the normal grips. It’s easy to sharpen, takes a fine edge, and holds on to it for a reasonable amount of time. Their vg10 steel stuff is without parallel. Here is his review of the full flat grind version. Fit and finish is perfect. This is a serviceable mid range steel. If you are simply looking for a practical EDC knife, then the Delica 4 fits that bill too. These knives will be family heirlooms, as they are of the highest quality material and the highest quality in manufacturing. Spyderco has used VG-10 steel to make the blade of the Delica 4. The only negative I could find is that the coating does wear off with use, which happens with pretty much any pocket clip. For the uninitiated the blade will almost look goofy, but for those that appreciate this unique aesthetic it’s a beautiful sight to behold. SUPERIOR BLADE STEEL - The blades are full flat-ground VG-10 Steel with a thinner highly refined cutting edge and a larger 13mm opening hole. For the uninitiated the blade will almost look goofy, but for those that appreciate this unique aesthetic it’s a beautiful sight to behold. See all details for Spyderco Delica 4 Signature Folding Knife with 2.95" Saber-Ground... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The blade is rather hard to open with one hand,even after lapping it with 800 grit diamond lapping compound ,can not make a good call on ability to hold an edge. This lockback features green FRN handles with a four position pocket clip and a lanyard hole. But, I kept thinking about it and wanting it, and decided to pull the trigger. For EDC it just simply cannot be beat in my humble opinion. Nuff said. WIDE SPECTRUM OF HANDLE COLORS - The Delica 4 now offers new vibrant tones including blue, green, brown, gray, orange, zome green, black and purple. This is an absolute classic. If smaller size is important to you then you may want to take this into consideration an choose a smaller version of this knife, the Delica.However, this knife is durable, reliable, and affordable so it shouldn't be ruled out instantly. The Delica is a personal favorite of mine and has been for years. Spyderco Endura 4 Stainless Steel Knife EDC Review White Glove Reviews. The moment I removed it from the box and held it, I knew this was real quality and worth the money. Sadly, they have a lot of trouble importing these down there and the chances are good that it would be confiscated at customs as a gravity/flick knife. The initial edge just doesn’t hold up long so I can’t give it more stars than what I have. And it definitely is made in Japan. I think the Delica would be robust enough for what you are describing. This knife is well made, sharp as a razor and has good balance. has no moving parts to catch, break, or wear-out over time. He grew up using pocket knives, and the decision to start the website stemmed from his fascination of all things sharp combined with a deep passion for writing. The lock is very secure with no blade play at all. The Delica 4’s handle is made of fiberglass-reinforced nylon (FRN) with skeletonized stainless steel liners. It fills your palm with a handful of steel yet doesn't seem weighty or unwieldy. Since the handle surface is flat and smooth it offers an … Thanks for stopping by. Would I be better off with a satin Paramilitary, or would a Delica be robust enough? This Spyderco Delica 4 knife has a flat saber-ground VG-10 stainless steel blade with the Emerson Wave opening feature. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Spyderco Delica 4 Folding Knife - Stainless Steel Handle with CombinationEdge, Saber Grind, VG-10 Steel Blade and Back Lock - C11PS at Amazon.com. Enjoy it my friend! An Australian friend was looking one these for a first good pocket knife for her daughter, and she thought one of these would be great. I actually own three of them:) Two FFG, Tan and Orange and one sabre grind. I hate knocking the knife because it’s so well built. The Spyderco Delica 4 Green features a 2.9" VG-10 stainless steel drop point blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of.098". Add in the choice of colors and this really feels like a knife that was made for me. Made in Japan, the Spyderco Delica 4 stainless steel has a high degree of rust resistance but is also easy to sharpen. Plastic Kit Delica® 4 (PLKIT1) $20.00. Filed Under: EDC Knives, Folding Knives, Recommended EDC Knives, Spyderco Tagged With: FRN, lockback, Made in Japan, VG-10. This is easy to access but it will take some technique to close this knife with one hand. Even the relatively new fourth generation version (hence Delica “4”) has been out for a while. I couldn’t find images of authentic delica 4 online to verify if this is normal, I was wondering if you could help? It isn't the easiest steel to sharpen, but it's also not as difficult as D2 or 154CM. This Spyderco Delica 4 knife has a hollow-ground VG-10 stainless steel blade that is satin finished with a plain cutting edge. Love this knife. the delica 4 is my favorite knife i own as of late but i paid $66 for mine. It doesn’t hold an edge any better than AUS 8. I have the Wave Endura 4, but sold my Delica Wave. Thank you very much. It’s not as strong as the Para 2, but should get the job done and is a much slimmer and lighter knife. The copy I received feels fantastic. It feels sturdy in your hand, and it has a nice solid sound to it when you close it, kind of like closing the door of a luxury car. ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT - Inside the handle are dual skeletonized stainless steel liners which strengthen the knife without additional weight and double as an anchor for external and internal components to attach through generating more sturdiness. Your email address will not be published. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. I went with green for mine, it’s a friendly color that stands out from the sea of black handled knives in my dresser drawer. It's … The 4th gener… The ergonomics on the latest generation of the Delica are quite nice. This is a great size to carry as a pocket knife without the clip and being all stainless is perfect for just that. The downside of this knife is the cost. Delica® 4 Stainless (C11) $145.00. The truth is, there are too many knives and too little time. The illustrated MODIFIED Spyderco Knife is the Spyderco Delica 4 Knife that features a REGROUND 2.5" blade made of VG10 stainless steel. Best EDC Knives Thanks for clearing that up a bit for us R. I’m glad to hear it’s not impossible to get one as it really is an awesome EDC knife. Also, I reviewed the Endura 4 a while back, and since the knives are so similar it took me a while to get around to the Delica. This is no surprise for a design that has spent over 20 years in the Spyderco catalog. So glad to hear you have been enjoying the reviews. Well, if we are talking about modern folding knives, I’d argue there really isn’t. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Since it's made of a solid piece of stainless steel, the S.P.O.T. The traditional saber ground Delica 4s are still available, but I think this full flat ground version is the way to go. Love reading your reviews…I got a Paramilitary 2 and a Caly 3 a couple years ago based on them! I am so glad I did! The knife is very solid. Hi! Best High Value Knives. The handle is stainless steel. Your email address will not be published. These are really minor issues, and if its the worst thing I can say about the knife then it really says something. The handle shape is smoothed on the edges and has plenty of room for large hands. The Delica features a leaf shaped blade, and is defined by its large thumb hole. Shop Spyderco Delica4 Stainless Steel Folding Knife - 7in OAL | Up to 30% Off 5 Star Rating on 3 Reviews for Spyderco Delica4 Stainless Steel Folding Knife - 7in OAL + Free Shipping over $49. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. This particular spyderhole has a diameter of 13mm. , I bought the knife to fill a Engraving commission. He has personally reviewed almost 300 knives of all shapes, sizes, and price points. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Required fields are marked *. I just may…although I may just keep the Manix for now as, size and weight aside I fricken love the ergonomics! First of their kind on the market, both folders opened up the knife market to lightweight performance, one-hand open pocketknives that just about everyone could afford. God Bless You.

Grey Carpet Bedroom Decor Ideas, Chinese Apple Soup Recipe, Museo Jumex Mexico, Bloodbug Locations Fallout 76, Capybara Cartoon Show, Pregnancy Chiropractor Hamilton, Sour Gummy Worm Energy Drink, Age Of Sigmar: Champions Forum, Does Medicaid Pay For Dentures In Michigan,